It is still a wonder to me after 8 years of marriage that he is in my life. I may make an indulgent tale of our meeting and courting on our August anniversary but for now you are spared and I will just share a bit about him. Because when I think of my husband I thank God for the man that he is and for the fact that I get to make a three strand cord with him.
So, here we go, 40 things about a man of 40 years. And as I type it I don't want to push the bragging envelope but I have learned so much from him as a husband and a friend, that I am simply proud of him.
1. He loves the Lord.
2. Oh, how he loves me...dearly, everyday.
3. He loves and dotes on his three girls.
4. He is a good engineer and enjoys his work.
5. He is a rancher and would chose that over engineering if it brought in the bucks.
6. He is a fantastic cook.
7. He makes the best chocolate cheesecake I have ever tasted.
8. He designed our home and did all the interiors.
9. He enjoys gardening (especially vegetables) and has rounded us up for more that a few years of gardening harvests.
10. He detests squash.
11. He will watch Sense and Sensibility with me (or any well told chick flick really)
12. He taught me how to make jelly.
13. He is an Aggie (He will like that I said that, for those unaware, two rival Texas universities are THE University of Texas and Texas A & M....he went to A&M) (I went to THE University of Texas) Love ya David
14. As a single Dad he made sure to always do his girls' hair up in ribbons and dress them in sweet dresses for church.
15. Because of his sweet Texas twang, when he says "drink" it sounds like "drank".
16. He is a great two-stepper.
17. He is a very good shot. (We got lots of troublesome critters around these parts that he had taken care of).
18. He is color blind.
19. He still likes holding hands when we are together.
20. He can fix things (house, cars, tools, machinery...Thank you Lord!)
21. He takes out the trash.
22. He reads his Bible each morning.
23. He loves camping and hikes.
24. He fixes "his girls" a big breakfast every Saturday morning.
25. He hates horror movies.
26. The mintyness of toothpaste makes him cough.
27. On cold mornings he cleans out the wood stove and starts a big fire for us.
28. He loves to play games (card games, board games, dominoes) and likes getting the whole family together for game night.
29. He loves to travel.
30. When we are on the phone and saying goodbye he always remembers to say "I love you".
31. His favorite beer is Shiner Bock.
32. He took me to Prince Edward Island, Canada for our honeymoon because he knew I loved Anne of Green Gables.
33. When my hand was bandaged for 6 months and I had to keep water exposure to a minimum last year, he gave Sophia ALL her baths, and washed many dishes.
34. He likes the music of John Denver.
35. When he was 8 he was hit by a car and came out with out an injury, external or internal. David's dad said that was the first miracle he had ever seen.
36. David likes to cap his night with a cup of hot tea.
37. His favorite color is blue.
38. Between beach, city, or mountains...David would always pick mountains.
39. The soft friction of a cotton ball in his hands gives him chills.